Toe nails are always painted red, finger nails are a last minute colour grab. Last week it was baby lime, this week it’s Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around by OPI. Say whaaaaat? How awesome is that name?
My caucasian summer skin seems to get a deeper shade of brown every year. As soon as I step outside I tan, really deeply nowadays. It is lovely because I don’t have to wear much make up. The only downside is that people keep asking me if I have been on holiday, and being a girl I instantly read in to this. Do people think I lie about in my garden soaking up the sun? I am a self-employed social media entrepreneur don’t cha know! I would actually quite like a holiday at some point this year but with my sister’s wedding and being wholly responsible for everything said by/to my clients online there’s absolutely no way I can leave my desk for the next few months.
I mentioned my skin tone because this nude shade of nail polish really compliments a summer tan. I also really love this light shade as it reminds me of the 1960s, and if you’re a frequent reader of my blog you’ll know I’m a sucker for all things 1940s-1970s. This OPI polish is lovely and thick so two coats leaves nails with one clean shade and an even coat. It has also proven to be a tough polish and so far lasted me a few days, which is very rare for me. The quality is great.
DERMABLEND is a range of products recommended by dermatologists and used by make-up artists to help women with skin concerns i.e. burn marks, birth marks, acne, skin diseases or even tattoos to cover up. The range has been around for 30 years and specialises in expert high-coverage foundations, concealers etc. Vichy have joined forces with charities and organisations to utilise the strength of their product and help those who need to, feel more comfortable in their skin.
All products are water and sweat resistant and come in 5 different skin shades.
To stress how effective it is, Zombie Boy used it to cover his tattoos.
Watch the video here:
After watching Kevin the make-up artist show us how to use the different products, we were given a selection of products to take away and test. After using each this morning to sample, I have to say I am incredibly happy with the result. I am fortunate enough to not have problem skin but for people who do I recommend using the below.
Corrective stick 14HR.
To find out more about this range of miracle products, or to buy some visit their website: https://www.dermablend.co.uk/
Having had bleached hair for the past 12 years I thought I would write an article recommending how to keep a bleached barnet sleek and strong.
I first bleached my hair when I was 14. I had been suspended from school for dying my hair pink and had been sent to the nearest hairdresser to have it stripped. I came out with white blonde hair that went all the way down my back. With shiny locks that were still accepted as a “funky do” I went in to school grinning the next day. From then on it stuck. My hair has been dyed with every type of bleach you can imagine but because I am a lazy lady when it comes to prepping myself (I will explain later on) my hair has stayed strong.
Unlike my friends who curl, straighten, clip in extensions, blow dry etc their hair, I am too lazy to do all of this and instead live by washing my hair before bed or first thing in the morning and leaving an hour for it to naturally dry.
When the hair is wet brush it through gently then rub two pumps of L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary oil through your hair. This hour of drying can be easily filled with drinking tea/wine (depending on time of day), watching Eastenders, playing reggae vinyl or dancing madly round the room if you fancy it.
Ta-dah! I promise it works and will keep your hair really strong and sleek.
Tweet me any questions to www.Twitter.com/DJLuluWilliams
Over the past couple of years I have been drawn to neutral shades of nail polish, rather than the letterbox red I used to favour. Perhaps it is the increasing rise of grey’s popularity within the interior design world that leads me to adore it even more. When I heard that my favourite beauty brand – Liz Earle – had a nail polish in a shade named Grey Dawn I knew I had to try it.
It comes in a smart navy box and written on this box is a description that informs you that the nail colour is a fortifying, chip-resistant formula, that lasts up to 12 days. It also lets you know it is enriched with avocado and borage oils. I was clueless as to what borage oil was so after researching I discovered it is a moisturising formula, derived from a gorgeous bright blue flower.
It paints on very smoothly and dries speedily. Once dry it is shiny and tough. I would recommend using two coats for a bolder colour and one for a more subtle grey shade, both are incredibly pretty.
My favourite new nail colour.
I really recommend trying this shade of polish for the spring. It is a lovely fresh and gentle grey.
I adore Liz Earle products, so when I heard about the Colour Collection for A/W 2012 I couldn’t wait to try it. As autumn approaches London I always reach for my make up bag and wonder what shades shall I wear this season?
My lipstick of choice is Liz Earle’s Raspberry. It’s creamy and gentle, and has the perfect balance of being a cheeky, fruity shade whilst sitting pretty on my lips!
If you want to switch your lippy shades for autumn, or just fancy a make-up dabble I recommend investing in a few bits from this Liz Earle range.
Having a tan always makes me feel healthier and better about my appearance.
I’m the kind of bird who reaches for natural products over maximum impact, so when it comes to brands I’m a sucker for Lush.
May I introduce the yummiest product to sit on my dressing table for a while now, Black Stockings by Lush.
I have fair caucasian skin and this is a product intended for black skin…oh dear you may think, but I can guarantee it looks fab on.
Black Stockings makes the best of your legs, by covering up any patches of uneven skin tone, moisturising the skin and giving it a soft feel and glow. A blend of brown and bronze pigments in a cocoa and shea butter bar – that when swept over the legs will soften and moisturise, whilst the pigments cover lightly to give an even colour, tone and glow.
Not only is the packaging similar to that of a sugary sweet packet, the bar also looks and smells good enough to eat. The ingredients include spiced oils, orange oil and pimento berry.
Today is the day thousands of women will be preparing for a day of loving tomorrow. I believe that all ladies are body beautiful in their own individual ways, but just to add a little magic to your Valentines prep, I have listed a few tried and tested products.
In this listing I am only featuring products that I personally highly recommend. I believe a new beauty/ body product can add an extra special touch to your beauty regime and will perhaps become a personal favourite of yours.
1. The first item on my list is Simple – Kind To Skin – Cleansing Facial Wipes. These are a beauty staple of mine and have been for years. They really care for your skin as well as being incredibly easy to use. I also prefer these facial wipes to others as they contain no alcohol, no oil, no perfume and no colourings. They now come in a smaller handbag size pack, which is brilliant for using on your way back from a night out or when staying over at your boyfriends house!
2. My second beauty product of choice is the Simple – Kind To Lips – Intensive Lip Moisturiser. This is a sure handbag essential as it is small, light and reliable. At the moment the weather is snowy and the wind is cold. I find my lips get a little dry and always in need of a little hydration. Simple Lip Moisturiser contains Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 which both restore, smooth and soften skin.
3. The Beauty Parlour -Boob tubes in a box – Get Perky Day! This is a fab product, if only for a little confidence boost. We all know our boys like us just the way we are but this is great for a little confidence boost! It smells great and the packaging is really kitsch, which is always a plus in my book with beauty products! By applying an apricot sized amount to your chest up to your neck after showering really tightens and firms that upper body area. It is a great cream and really does hat it says on the bubble gum pink tube!
4. Jainnisa is a newly favourite body brand of mine. One of my favourite items is the All Day Soothing Hand Balm. After massaging a ten pence sized amount of this delicious smelling hand cream over the top and bottom areas of your mitts and up to your elbows your skin is instantly baby-bottom soft. The Jainnisa hand balm contains Orange Flower and Shea Butter which absorb really quickly in to the skin and leave it with a healthy glow.
5. Lush is one of my all time favourite brands. Everything from the packaging to the products themselves are always a triumph. For Valentines Day I recommend the Sweetheart Soap and the Soft Coeur Massage Bar. The Sweetheart Soap contains Vanilla, Mandarin and Jasmine which offers a gentle and sweet aroma. When used it produces a luxuriously creamy foam. The Lush Soft Coeur Massage Bar contains Shea Butter, Cocoa Powder and honey. Shea Butter is notorious for it’s fabulous moisturising products, the honey smooths your skin and the Cocoa Powder adds a yummy aroma.
My main New Year’s resolution is to take even better care of my body, not just my complexion. If, like me you are always running around cold and blustery London during the day and night I recommend buying Aesop’s laws of motion kit. It comes in the signature Aesop illustration wrapping and a gorgeous black wash box which inside quotes Carl Sagan ‘ Somehwere, something incredible is waiting to be known.’
This quote started my day dreaming off while I ran a hot shower and jumped in. The first product from the kit I chose to use was the delicately fresh smelling Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser.
After gently smoothing a little of the cleanser on my skin, I picked up a deliciously soft and wet sea sponge then wiped in a circular motion creating a gorgeous aroma and squeaky clean skin! After rinsing I hopped out and dried off using my favourite White Company towel. Once warm and dry I selected my next item from the laws of motion kit Rind Concentrate Body Balm. This I used as normally as a body moisturiser. Immediately I had to stop myself from wanting to taste it! It smelt like truly scrumptious orange sweeties! It had a light and creamy texture which my skin seemed to enjoy as it lapped it up!
The final item in the box was the Rosehip Seed Lip Cream. This is one of my favourite Aesop items as it is really protective and caring, it is also small so I can stick it in my handbag and use it daily. Just a little really does go a long way. I think this is an essential sign of great quality ingredients when it comes to body treatments.
Fore more information on these gorgeous treatments please visit www.aesop.com